[fpc-pascal] representation of a number

Daniel Franzini daniel.franzini at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 19:28:19 CEST 2007

On 4/1/07, Marco van de Voort <marcov at stack.nl> wrote:

> Keep in mind that the extended type has limited precision. It can contain
> large values, but does so by only "remembering" the upper +/- 18 digits,
> sign and exponent.

OK, i will work on that

> If it is a content, I think  they want you to calculate a number larger than
> the size of normal types is to force you to deal with it, and define your
> own arithmetic for very large numbers.

it's not a content....its just a list of programming problems to be
solved with a ranking system....sometimes they organize some sort of
contest but the main thing is just a list of classical and challenge
problems waiting to be solved....they count the amount of memory and
execution time of the algorithm and sort the solutions with these
criteria awarding more points to the best solutions...just for
fun...nothing serious...

 thanks anyway

--
Daniel

"Let us change our traditional attitude to the construction of
programs. Instead of imagining that our main task is to instruct a
computer what to do, let us concentrate rather on explaining to human
beings what we want a computer to do." (Donald Knuth)

"Yes, technogeeks can be funny, even if only to each other."
(http://www.boogieonline.com/revolution/science/humor/)"

"Man is driven to create; I know I really love to create things. And
while I'm not good at painting, drawing, or music, I can write
software." (Yukihiro Matsumoto, a.k.a. ``Matz'')