[fpc-pascal] .NET FAQ

Krishna v.krishnakumar at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 12:15:44 CEST 2006

On 9/29/06, Adrian Maier <adrian.maier at gmail.com> wrote:
> <not_serious_suggestion>
>   By the way :  why dotnet and not java ?  At least java has been
> around for a longer
>   time, and there are compatible jdk's for more platforms ...  So we
> wouldn't have to
>   deal with differences like those between Mono and the .Net platform.
> </not_serious_suggestion>

Hmm, then we'll be able to show the world the JVM's notorious startup
time. In most cases,  compiling will be much faster than the app's
startup time. The J in JVM probably stands for Jabba the hut
<chuckles>.

<serious_suggestion>
Why not target LLVM instead?
</serious_suggestion>

Cheers,
Krishna
--
I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty
to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble !