Re[2]: [fpc-pascal] variant part of a record

Пётр Косаревский ppkk at mail.ru
Wed Sep 20 13:20:23 CEST 2006

> Yes, there is a language feature called object orientation. But still
> that means you would have to translate the binary structure into a
> class instance somehow.
> Vinzent.

The object I presented compiles well, but there is almost no gain in OO approach: I still have to nest structures and write lots of properties, inheritance does not help.

I'm vague: for the first time I hoped that when you access the variant part, if the "case" variable was named, program checks it run-time. Hoping that it was implemented this way, I asked about control over the relative place in the memory of that named variable. Oh, well, there are no run-time checks, so that's all...