[fpc-pascal] variant part of a record

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Wed Sep 20 09:41:52 CEST 2006

On 20 sep 2006, at 02:10, Vinzent Höfler wrote:

>> so I have to use
>>   record
>>   Something: byte;
>>    case byte of
>>     1: (x,y: word);
>>     2: (z: longword);
>>   end;
> No, AFAIK you don't have to, it's the same, just a different syntax.


> Probably you should used a "packed record", though. And it's in no  
> way portable, of course.

Also correct.


More information about the fpc-pascal mailing list