[fpc-pascal] multidimensional dynarrays SetLenght and memory layout

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at t-online.de
Fri Sep 15 13:18:32 CEST 2006

Hi,

since I managed to get static arrays handed over to a C library I want
to know if this is possible for dynamic arrays too.

I browsed the docs and source but I'm not able to find the actual
implementation of the SetLength() procedure for dynarrays. Where is it
or maybe better: how does it work?

I think I'll know when the first question is answered, but: how is the
memory for dynamic arrays handled, is there a chance of forcing it to be
one continuous block on the heap for giving a pointer to it to an
external function?

TIA,
Marc