[fpc-pascal] win resource sections

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed Oct 25 12:31:50 CEST 2006

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006, Rimgaudas Laucius wrote:

> Hello,
>
> could you tell what progress (approximately in percents) is done with Windows
> exe resource sections support, please?

Resource sections are supported in Windows. You need windres, and
add a {$R somefile.res} statement. That's it. You can use the winAPI
resource functions to access the resources.

There is resource section support for Elf binaries too. It is possible
to include a resource file compiled for windows in a Linux binary.
Here we provide a separate API which is much like the Windows API.

> Herewith i want to note that login status label in bug tracker page is
> "logout" always. It is confusing a bit.

Probably because you are logged in as guest automatically ?

Michael.