[fpc-pascal] Re: Using FPC as a scripting engine

Alexander Todorov alexx.todorov at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 09:32:06 CEST 2006

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 12:45:55 +0200 (CEST)
Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> > There was no response to my first e-mail so here are some examples of
> > what I want to do:
> >
> > http://www.codeproject.com/csharp/runtimecompiling.asp
> > http://developer.apple.com/documentation/mac/IAC/IAC-334.html
>
> I find this all horribly complicated.
>
> Why don't you simply keep the compiler external, compile everything
> in a library, load the library and execute a well-known function,
> passing it an 'environment' interface ?
>
> Michael.

Yes that could be a solution. It seems easy to implement and work
with. But I want to try emulate what Pascal Script is doing. Also I am
wondering is it possible to execute code that is compiled/placed in
memory (e.g. do all stuff that is normaly done by the OS to load the
application and then execute it (don't know exactly how)).

Thanks for the answer.