[fpc-pascal] DBus Bindings

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 14:46:53 CEST 2006

Hello,

I am writing bindings for DBus (interprocess communication) library,
but I'm a little lost about how to create them. The procedural
low-level code is already working.

Basically I can have one software that constantly scans the bus in a
loop in search of messages, and another that sends messages. And it
works.

Now, I would like to write a class to make the use of dbus easier. I
would like to emit a signal when a message arrives, but I don't know
how to deal with the need to periodical checking if a message arrive.

Should I create the binding class as a separate Thread that checks the
bus? Any other ideas?

thanks,
--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho