[fpc-pascal] .NET FAQ

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Thu Oct 5 19:56:46 CEST 2006

> For future reference, someone sent me a link of a commercial pascal
> compiler that generates java bytecode:
>
> http://www.mhccorp.com/pascal.html
>
> It claims to be compatible with Delphi 2 (not sure if it supports VCL)
> and targets J2SE.

Canterbury yes, pretty wellknown. Quite OK, but nowhere near compatible. In
fact they don't even SAY they are compatible!

>From http://www.mhccorp.com/pas3release.html :

"Object Oriented Language Syntax similar to Borland Object Pascal"

Probably more something like Chrome, and even more incompat than Delphi.NET.
(in which Borland at least TRIED to remain as compat as possible, even
against impossible odds).

But we can cut this discussion short. I'd _LOVE_ to see FPC run on bytecode.
If you find such a compiler, compile the compiler with it ( :-) )