[fpc-pascal] .NET FAQ

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 18:56:10 CEST 2006

On 10/4/06, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:
> Your statement answers the question
>  'what is the use of a Java port of Free Pascal'
>
> My statement is
>  'There is no use for a language that runs in a VM, like Java or .NET'
>
> These 2 statements can peacefully coexist.

Ummm ... I have doubts about that.

Suppose a Java port of Free Pascal is developed. Then Pascal will be
running on the Java VM. Now, if we apply your statement we can
conclude that there is no use for Pascal.

Maybe your statement would be more precise if it was:

'Software that runs in a VM, like Java or .NET are of inferior quality
when comparated to native software'

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho