[fpc-pascal] fpdoc and three packages

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 18:50:44 CET 2006

On 11/29/06, Matt Emson <memsom at interalpha.co.uk> wrote:
> If you've never looked at Instant Objects it is worthwhile. Far, far simpler
> to get in to than tiOPF. Only Win32 though AFAIAA.

I have evaluated IO before v2 got released.  Created quite a few
prototype applications to try and reproduce my requirements. There was
a few things I really liked, but at that stage you couldn't evolve an
existing database, you always had to build the DB from scratch. This
was a big no-no.  Also performance tuning was an issue and so was
complicated relationships.  All things tiOPF could do at the time, so
that is what I went for.

A big plus in IO was the GUI class builder and the runtime Object
Inspector tree (can't remember their exact names).  Maybe some day,
I'll create those for tiOPF and Lazarus.

--
Graeme Geldenhuys
Location: S 34° 03.168'  E018° 49.342'

There's no place like 127.0.0.1