[fpc-pascal] CDROM handling again

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 20:52:59 CET 2006

On 11/21/06, Pianoman <pianoman at centrum.sk> wrote:
> Hello, I 'd like to do it under win32. Michael mentioned way under linux if
> someone knows sometihing similar for win32 let me know.
> Thanx in advance

I donĀ“t think there was any need to start a new thread, or to quote
duzens of messages, but here we go.

Googling I found this link that shows how to eject a cdrom on windows:

http://www.efg2.com/Lab/Library/UseNet/1999/0305a.txt

I think that based on that and researching more you can know how to do
other things related to CD-ROM. Not sure, but maybe this only works on
Windows NT.

Searching www.tamaracka.com on borland archives I found this code that
probably only works on win9x:

procedure Eject;
begin
  asm
    mov ax, 440Dh // generic IOCTL
    mov bx, 5 // Drive Number: a:=1, b:=2, c:=3 d:=4 e:=5
    mov ch, 8 // device category
    mov cl, 49h // Eject Removable Media
    int 21h
  end;