[fpc-pascal] Set format

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Tue Nov 14 14:23:35 CET 2006

> >> We'd definitely provide a conversion function to convert from the old
> >> format to the new one, yes.
> >
> > {$packset} support ?
>
> That does not allow for format conversion (even if it allows you to
> set the old set format).

I was a bit brief, but I was thinking a bit about my usage of sets in the
past, which was usually part of a record.  So more about different sizes,
not endian conversion.

It would then be possible to have the same record-with-set twice with
different formats, and generate conversion routines for the datastructure.

However this would only matter if you have a gigantic number of these kind
of records. So nevermind.

(For me no conversion needed btw, due to the Delphi<->FPC difference I
stayed away from sets in files)