[fpc-pascal] ROPS and latest FPC compiler (svn)

Alexandre Leclerc alexandre.leclerc at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 22:14:59 CET 2006

2006/11/1, Peter Vreman <peter at freepascal.org>:
> At 21:43 1-11-2006, you wrote:

> >>Can't you try the binary search to find the revision causing trouble?
> >>Are there any fpc defines in the ROPS sources? Where are the ROPS
> >>sources available?
> >
> >Binary search is complex because I have difficulties to get a FPC
> >revision that will be able to compile latest Lazarus version...
> >(unless I do not need to recompile my Laz each time but simple
> >replacing the fpcsrc & pp folders?)
> >
> >ROPS is available from subversion:
> >svn://svn.remobjects.com/pascalscript
> >
> >Any-way I'll try again binary search, but this morning I wasted 3
> >hours for no results... and this is really slow. Some FPC revisions
> >were not compiling, other were not able to compile lazarus... :S
>
> What do you expect from us? That we spend hours and hours debugging
> your problem?

No Peter, I expect no specific help from you if you have no help to
give. I did say I was going to try again, having more light on some
issues so that I can more efficiently find the problem. But if you
absolutely want to do it, well, go for it! :)

Also, it might not be totally my problem. I'm using FPC & ROPS and
something somewhere is not working. The only thing I know is that:
2.0.4 + ROPS = ok;
r3823 + ROPS = ok;
HEAD + ROPS = not ok.

Therefore my first intuition is that something changed in FPC. This is
the origin of this thread in case someone whould have known... Now I'm
trying to find the revision... painfully. But with the comment of
Jonas, I'll get it faster.

Regards.

--
Alexandre Leclerc