[fpc-pascal] WinSock

Hans MÃ¥rtensson cirkulation at maartensson.net
Fri Mar 17 13:12:49 CET 2006

Tony Pelton wrote:

>also, and i'm not sure about this, as i've been meaning to ask, but i
>think the stuff in the "Sockets" unit is meant to be a cross platform
>sockets API ?
>
>anyone know about this ?
>
>i'm going to be doing some (hopefully) cross platform socket stuff soon.

I did some socket programming on win32 recently and also first looked at
the Sockets unit.
I think that you are right that this unit is meant to be a cross
platform unit. But I found that it didn't work on win32, may be be
hasn't been finished yet. So I used the Winsock unit, which makes it
possible to call the win32 API's as documented by microsoft.

Hans MÃ¥rtensson