[fpc-pascal] Re: OpenDelphi.org

Alexandre Leclerc alexandre.leclerc at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 16:45:11 CET 2006

On 3/16/06, Vincent Snijders <vsnijders at quicknet.nl> wrote:
> Alexandre Leclerc wrote:
> > On 3/16/06, Marco van de Voort <marcov at stack.nl> wrote:
> >
> >>How can you check Delphi's source for cleanness ? It is not available,
> >>except for a few modules like RTL,VCL.
> >

> > Well Marco, I was talking about the "RTL, VCL" part, not the source of
> > the actual devel tool, interface, etc. Only from the point of vien of
> > the developper and the toolkit to develop. (Just try to go down the
> > roots of a simple TButton... you quickly fall in 'includes' files and
> > so on.
> >

> include files are not clean?

It's not about cleanness, but about comprehensiveness. It is sometimes
hard to figure out the underlying functionning of the classes,
especially when it has to go with gtk1, gtk2, win32, qt, etc.

I'm not complaining, just saying that the source is sometimes hard to
figure out for some people, like me (I must say I did not went in it
that much).

> Getting to the roots of TButton is so easy.

Maybe it was not the best example. :)

> Then, if you want to see the TCustomButton methods and properties
> <Ctrl>+click on TCustomButton.
> Or if you want to see the implementation of the Click method, set your
> cursor on "Click" and press <Ctrl>+<Shift>+<Down>.

What a nice invention indeed. I miss it in D3.

--
Alexandre Leclerc