[fpc-pascal] Re: OpenDelphi.org

Alexandre Leclerc alexandre.leclerc at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 14:26:22 CET 2006

On 3/16/06, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho
<felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/16/06, Alexandre Leclerc <alexandre.leclerc at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Is there any way to simplify that and still be multi-platform very
> > easely? Indeed, that is very much hard to track down the units. (In
> > comparison, Delphi is cleaner, but it is not as multi-platform /
> > multi-GUI as laz is.)
>
> This kind of reorganization cannot be done without a detailed view of
> how LCL code works.
>
> Maybe we need a general map of how things are connected to each other
> on LCL, but this can take some time to build and very few people know
> LCL well enougth to create it.

Wel,, I must say that only a map would help a lot at first. i remember
my old vcl chart from delphi 3 that was showing all the vcl components
and their organisation. We could have something similar, then
something also like that for the actual source structure.

I think it could be possible by looking at the code and the use
clauses, even if we don't know that much the lcl. Is there any good
tool to create a centralized point for many people to work on this?

--
Alexandre Leclerc