[fpc-pascal] opendelphi.org

memsom memsom at interalpha.co.uk
Wed Mar 15 14:54:38 CET 2006

> http://delphi.org/
>
> Very nice attempts, but -IMO- they're just wasting their time. :p
> Why don't they switch to and support FPC/Lazarus instead of doing that? :p

You're kidding me right? Maybe if you made that assertion about Kylix, but
not Delphi!! The Delphi.Net compiler alone, and the VCL (full VCL), and
defacto support for all (not just a subset) of Delphi features. Delphi
2006 for Win32 also incorperates a lot of the innovations nade in
Delphi.Net.

I'm sure Lazerus is a fine IDE, but it is not on a par with BDS.