[fpc-pascal] Problem with FPC2.0.2 and windows

Hans Mårtensson cirkulation at maartensson.net
Fri Jan 6 15:37:22 CET 2006

Jonas Maebe wrote:

> On 04 Jan 2006, at 23:46, Hans Mårtensson wrote:
>
>> When I compile this source code with FPC 1.0.10, it produces a
>> program that makes a window with one menu item. When you click on
>> it, a dialogue box pops up.
>>
>> But when I compile the same source code with FPC 2.0.2, I still get
>> a program that makes the window. But the dialogue box does not  show,
>> when you click the menu item.
>

> I hope someone else can take it over from here, because I don't have
> Windows (or even a computer which can run Windows).

OK, thank you for your help so far.
I will try to do further experiments in order to locate the problem.
I think it must be in the data structure that defines the dialog box,
which the two compiler versions generate differently.

I appreciate very much the work done by the people behind FPC.
Not only because it is free and advanced, but also because Pascal is
nicer than any other programming language I have seen, in my opinion

Hans Mårtensson