[fpc-pascal] MacOSX limited linker path length

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Wed Jan 4 18:25:12 CET 2006

I run into some strange linker errors. Shorten the paths fixed the problem.

The application has the following linker options:
-k-framework -kcarbon -k-framework -kAGL
And the output file was
-o/Users/Username/pascal/carbon/agl/carboncustomcontrol.app/Contents/MacOS/
TestProgram

Granted, it is not short, but at least half of it is needed anyway.
I have now to work with symbolic links if I want to add only one other
framework.

What should I write into the wiki?
Don't use long paths under MacOSX as the linker will cut too long parameter
lists.

Or is it a fpc problem?
How can I find out?
How can I see, how fpc calls the linker under MacOSX?

Mattias