[fpc-pascal] Interresting discussion

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Wed Feb 22 10:57:51 CET 2006

On 22 feb 2006, at 10:43, Florian Klaempfl wrote:

>> I've been saying this for years. There is no need for a managed
>> environment if the host OS does it's job correct...
>
> In fact, the host OS provides a managed environment :)

I don't think there are many host OS'es out there which e.g. only run
signed applications. The fact is that for some purposes, none of the
current OS'es "does its job correctly" in that sense. Just use the
right tool for the job, I personally don't understand all this
hostility against managed environments (except as a reaction against
claims that they are always much better than unmanaged environments,
but overdoing it in the other direction isn't going to get the
discussion anywhere).

Jonas