[fpc-pascal] Scripting in FPC

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Fri Feb 10 10:34:34 CET 2006

On 10 feb 2006, at 10:27, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> Can you explain WHY it is incompatible. I don't see why it is
> incompatible with the (L)GPL. Different, maybe. But incompatible ?

See http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2004/01/msg00284.html, and
in particular http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#OrigBSD

The GPL only requires that you keep the credits in the sources, not
that you advertise other people's work or products inside your own
program, even if your program somehow uses that functionality.
Imagine otherwise the credits list required for programs like the
GIMP or so if each used library would have to be mentioned along with
a link to some home page. You'd spend more time on maintaining that
list than on actually adding new functionality.

Jonas