[fpc-pascal] Makefile.fpc issues

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 12:10:19 CEST 2006

Hi,

Below is my current Makefile.fpc.  I can generate the Makefile and do
a "make" and "make install ...", but a few things are not working
100%.

Could anybody spare some time to help me sort out these minor issues.

Issue #1
 > make; make install INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/fpc
make: Circular units <- fpc_units dependency dropped.
/bin/mkdir -p units
/mnt/data/opt/fpc_2.0.x/bin/ppc386 -S2h .....

What is the cause of the Circular units message?  Is it critical?  Is
it a issue in the Makefile or in my code?  The code compiles fine
though, so I guess it is something in the Makefile.fpc

Issue #2
All compiled units are created in a single "src/units" directory, even
for the linux/ and win32/ sub directories.  Is this a good idea?

Issue #3
 > make install INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/fpc

This installs the compiled units into the same FPC directory structure
as the rest of the packages included with Free Pascal.  After the
"make install..." the units are installed in a sub directory called
"fpgfx", but for some reason the gfxbase.ppu and gfxbase.o files are
not copied to that directory. All the other units are!  I always have
to copy it in manually.  I get the same thing with my other package
(fpGUI), the starting unit is not copied to the install directory.

---------------- Makefile.fpc  -------------------
#
#   Makefile.fpc for fpGFX
#