[fpc-pascal] 204 Compiler

Carsten Bager carsten at beas.dk
Wed Aug 30 12:28:28 CEST 2006

I have downloaded the 204 source code and compiled a cross
compiler to Arm to run on a Windows PC

When compiling some code that has worked with the 202 compiler I
get this error:
----
Assembling led
Assembling with smartlinking led
L:\FPC\ARMBIN\AR.EXE: creating libpled.a
Forkert kommando eller filnavn  (This means wrong command or
filename)
Linking led
libpled.a: could not read symbols: Archive has no index; run ranlib to
add one
led.pas(13,11) Error: Error while linking
-----

Between calling ar.exe and the linker it looks like the compiler calls a
program that is not present

I build the same compiler on a Linux PC and that is working.

This is the command I use on the Windows PC
"make clean all FPCTARGET= OS_TARGET=linux
CPU_TARGET=arm BINUTILSPREFIX=arm-linux-"

This is the command I use on the Linux PC
make clean all cycle OS_TARGET=linux CPU_TARGET=arm
PP=/pp/bin/fpc BINUTILSPREFIX=arm-linux-

Dos anybody have a hint

Carsten