[fpc-pascal] Building FPC with gdb support for SPARC

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Mon Aug 14 14:46:57 CEST 2006

Marco van de Voort wrote:

> > >   -XLAc=c,gcc
> > >
> > > in your fpc.cfg to fix similar cases globally.
> >
> > I thought this was not supposed to be publicised/encouraged? (and
> > that for that reason you didn't add this option to the help pages?)
>
> Jonas is right. Sorry, this is undocumented behaviour. Undocumented on
> purpose, so there is a fair chance it might change in the future.

OK, noted. However if it gets me out of the initial hole it's a very good start.

What is the correct solution to the problem, and allowing for the fact that the
available binary libgdb was SPARC where does this leave somebody building for
another architecture- do they need to compile the full GNU toolchain then patch
the source to pick it up?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk