[fpc-pascal] Threading in FPC on Win32 and Linux

Jason P Sage jasonpsage at jegas.org
Sun Aug 6 11:30:22 CEST 2006

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I should really start with making
threads etc in a manner that will allow one code base but work on at least
win32 and Linux?

I'm trying to make an application that is more or less acting like a daemon,
that waits for a message from another process, and takes that information
and begins processing it in a separate thread or process, allowing the main
app to be already in a state ready to catch another message when it arrives
and do the same thing.

In short, I'm trying to implement a "FAST-CGI" like (but not FASTCGI itself)
thin layer CGI client, that gets a request, and passes the required info to
a bigger application which actually does the work and then passes the
resultant out going web page result back to the thin layer CGI app that then
spits it out to the client.

Thanks in advance!
Jason P Sage