[fpc-pascal] RE: MySQL3, MySQL4, and MySql5 - Micha Might have answer

Jason P Sage jasonpsage at jegas.org
Sat Aug 5 23:31:53 CEST 2006

[Jason P Sage Wrote Originally...]
>I heard from Michael Van Canneyt, or Micha, in an email not to long ago,
>that the MySQL5 FPC unit is available and has been for awhile. My attempts
>at finding it have been fruitless.

>Question: Does anyone know where I can find the MySQL5 FPC unit that
>succeeds MySql4 FPC unit?

[Jason Peter Sage] COOL once again! I'd thought I'd report that, at least
for a connection, simple query, and clean shutdown, it appears that the FPC
MySQL4 unit works with MySQL version 5 unchanged!!!!!  WOO HOO!!!

I haven't done any elaborate testing... like I mention above - a simple
connect, query, and clean shutdown - well.. that works fine! (On Win32 btw)
.. about to try the code out on Redhat Fedora 5. If any one is interested -
I'll let ya know if it works - but experience tells me that if the MySql
stuff is working in Win32, it will likely work in Linux .. :)

Jason P Sage