[fpc-pascal] Compiling FPC for SPARC

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Thu Aug 3 19:03:59 CEST 2006

On 3 aug 2006, at 17:14, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

> Thanks, every bit helps. I'm hoping to look at Solaris at some
> point but I've
> only got v8 running here at present- I'm hoping there'll be a v10
> with the new
> machines.

Don't bother with Solaris in 2.0.x, it won't work at all. None of the
Solaris fixes from 2.1.1 have been merged (some date back to
February). I've attached a patch which enables me to compile at least
the rtl and the compiler (and fixing sparc actually made me discover
a quite serious generic bug) for Sparc/Linux. I can't test whether
the result actually runs though, since I don't have access to a Sparc/
Linux system.

The diff was taken from the root of the fpcsrc directory.

Jonas