[fpc-pascal] fpc exec/shell vs win32API

urbansound at sbcglobal.net urbansound at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 28 15:13:44 CEST 2006

Hi,

On XP/98, I've coded some successful file and directory action a couple of
different ways with exec and the native Dos commands in FP that are working
OK, but as I approach having to modify some current Windows run-time, the
adopted Comspec, is not going to let me get to the current Win32 runtime
with Exec.

Seeking and killing some processes, launching a couple of third party
process manipulation apps and reading back results from those is the next
step to what I'm doing.

Q1.) Will the process.class access the current win32 environment for this,
or is process also explicitly an adopted environment?

Q2.) Otherwise any suggestions of libs/wrappers/tutorials to Win32api for
basic process handling might offer a good start if anyone has suggestions?
I looked through the contributed units and googled quite a few pages but
really didn't find much in that regard, unless I'm overlooking the obvious.

Thanks for any pointers, (no pun intended)

Mike