[fpc-pascal] fpc and intel vtune

Пётр Косаревский ppkk at mail.ru
Tue Apr 25 09:44:11 CEST 2006

Now: I have downloaded evaluation version of intel VTune 8.0 and tried to debug/optimize an application with it. It does not recognize symbols in FPC module (function names etc., source is not supported too). Still, it does work with Delphi, for example.

History: Long ago someone complained about some other problems with vtune-FPC and was answered, that they have supported languages and compilers (that day Delphi was not among them), and that they will answer something only on premier support intel site. It concerned old versions of both FPC and vtune.

My question: does anyone know, whether vtune can be tuned to work with FPC (at list on function names level) or not?

Remark: of course I don't ask here for vtune support, I ask about FPC tools. As far as I know, FPC does not have any profiler under win32 without cygwin.