[fpc-pascal] eof strangeness

John Coppens john at jcoppens.com
Sun Apr 23 16:26:09 CEST 2006

Hi all.

While modifying some older programs, I found a strange effect with eof
(input). When calling eof(input), the program needs an <enter> key to
continue. I just downloaded 2.0.2, with the same result.

The definition of eof (according to the FPC docs) is that it immediately
returns... which is what I need. Can anyone suggest a solution for this?

program testeof;

begin
  if eof then
    writeln('EOF found')
  else
    writeln('No EOF found');
end.

This sample program doesn't return till <enter> is pressed.

TIA,
John

Note: first send to the list didn't get published...