[fpc-pascal] another fpc RAD: MSEide

Florian Klaempfl florian at freepascal.org
Wed Apr 19 22:49:14 CEST 2006

Matt Emson wrote:
>>> If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
>> Well, compared with other commercial compilers it is broken ;)
>
> Heh, well when I can do what I am currently able to do in Delphi in an FPC
> based IDE, we'll talk again, yes? ;-)

This won't never happen, you miss one important point: the main goal of
the current FPC developers is to implement functionality which Delphi
doesn't have. For things, Delphi can do, you don't need FPC. But Delphi
can't do things FPC can do :) Or ever tried to use one of the best
debugging tools available (valgrind) with Kylix/Delphi :)? Because of
the superior functionality valgrind offers, I've installed vmware at my
pc at work and compile sometimes my programs with gcc (usually developed
with MSVC) to find memory leaks, dangling pointers etc.