[fpc-pascal]size/speed/compiler - Was:another fpc RAD: MSEide
fpc505 at z505.com
Wed Apr 19 21:40:41 CEST 2006
Okay so we have to now consider these points:
1. interpreted languages can take up less memory if engineered right (says Florian)
2. compilation and linking is a hassle - compared to shipping or uploading an interpreted
3. speed - not a big deal. Hardware cheap enough.
4. size - shipping an interpreted file usually smaller than exe/elf
5. uploading - uploading a 30K script file on a 56k modem is easier than uploading a 5MB
What advantage of compilation? There must be something.
I know Microsoft use to love compiling those EXE's because you couldn't see the source
code to the EXE's.
Is this the advantage of FPC? That we can hide our sources?
More information about the fpc-pascal