[fpc-pascal] another fpc RAD: MSEide

Vincent Snijders vsnijders at quicknet.nl
Wed Apr 19 09:56:12 CEST 2006

Micha Nelissen schreef:
> L505 wrote:
>>> MSEgui has a distinct advantage over Lazarus. It compiles under
>>> Delphi. Just
>>> tried it. Fiddled with one or two lines in the code, but I got the
>>> IDE to
>>> compile and run and then built a small hello world app that also ran.
>>> Pretty
>>> impressive really.
>>
>> And the exe's/elf's it generates are reasonable in size.  Going to
>> check it out
>> today, again.
>
> Smaller than FPC ? That shouldn't differ too much, I think.
>
> I don't really see why ability to compile with Delphi is so big an
> advantage ("distinct") ?

It can see the advantages and they should not be diminished:
- having different compilers to confirm or exclude a compiler bug.
- The cycle, code, compile, run, debug, code is quicker on Delphi, (if you are on
windows)
- I haven't used Delphi lately, but I think the debugger is better than what Lazarus
offers. For example stepping through Lazarus code is slow, if the Call Stack view is
opened, because the Lazarus listview doesn't implement BeginUpdate and EndUpdate
optimally.

Vincent