[fpc-pascal] Re: Ageware: Gameos

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz
Mon Apr 17 23:37:54 CEST 2006

On 17 Apr 06, at 21:18, AgeWare None wrote:

> Here at ageware we are in a project to make a Game IDE to make Pascal based
> game's with my OpenGL Graphic Engine and Toturial's. and can i use the Free
> Pascal to the Gameos Application, i know that it is "FREE" Pascal but i will
> only take monney for the other part's of the Application..?

First of all - please, send general questions
like this one to a mailing list rather than to an
e-mail address of one particular person (like
myself).

Regarding to what is allowed and what not - FPC
itself is distributed under the terms of GPL =
General Public License (see file COPYING
distributed as part of our releases for details).

To provide you with short and simple (simplified)
answer: if your product (IDE) calls external FPC
binary and you indicate that FPC is a standalone
part and is free (including complete sources), it
is OK. If you integrate FPC compiler into your
own code, it becomes a "derivative work" and thus
the complete result would automatically fall
under the GPL terms (which means among other
things that you have to provide complete sources
for your own work too). You can still sell CDs
with the compiled version (and offer paid
support, etc.), but at the same time, you must
make the sources freely available to anybody.

Hope this helps

Tomas