[fpc-pascal] how to pass PChar (or any pointer) from Delphi toFPC ?

Пётр Косаревский ppkk at mail.ru
Tue Apr 4 14:08:43 CEST 2006

> ПК> I can transfer information from Delphi program to FPC, but they
> ПК> have different memory managers or something, so pointers are the
> ПК> same numbers, but different physical addressed. It doesn't sound
> ПК> extraordinary, so, please, help with example or anything!
>
> Maybe the memory-mapped files will help. Look up WinAPI reference for
> CreateFileMapping and related functions.

Thank you, it seems to be correct way to do what I want.

Sorry for generally windows programming question in this mail list.

But what we know: maybe an unit, implementing such functionality OS independent (with Windows.CreateFileMapping under windows and something else under something other) would not be useless?
But it's rather developers' question.