[fpc-pascal] Lazarus and FPC integration

Agustin Barto abarto at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 12:35:54 CET 2005

On 10/31/05, Florian Klaempfl <F.Klaempfl at gmx.de> wrote:
> Vincent Snijders wrote:
>
> > Elio Cuevas Gómez wrote:
> >
> >> These are all good things, but if the IDE editor can't handle basic
> >> stuff like international characters it's not very useful.
> >

> > For you. It is useful for most of the English speaking people and those
> > are quiet a lot too, although not as much as the whole world population.
> > And even though I don't live in a English speaking country, I never had
> > problems with it, because all source and comments of my programs are
> > English. Therefore for me it is not a very important issue. It is nice
> > to have for others.
>
> Indeed, if it is so important, somebody would have implemented it already :)

It's a major issue. In here, we're having a serious programmer
shortage. One of the coolest things about Lazarus is that it could
allow us to hire people that comes from a Windows/Delphi background
and integrate them into our Whatever/Linux enviroment. The problem is
that not everyone is capable of writing correct (in terms of grammar
and spelling) english code documentation.

I have nearly 600k lines of Delphi code that was extensively
documented in Spanish. I don't want to rewrite the whole documentation
just because of a bug!