[fpc-pascal] Lazarus and FPC integration

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 11:42:41 CET 2005

On 10/31/05, Elio Cuevas Gómez <elio at mixtk.com> wrote:

> This is not really a fair reason to reject C++. You can also program gtk 1.2
> applications in C++. Of course you still have all the other problems with
> C++ :).
> But anyway you can't spect to fit everything in a floppy do you? You always have to asume something.

Actually it is a fair reason for me. My apps really *need* to fit a
floppy  ... most of the e-mail I get about the installer I created on
Delphi for BrailleVirtual Course is about people trying to put it into
a floppy.

That´s the reality here in Brazil .... there are lot´s of old
computers, specially in one of my main users, the public schools.

I usually test on a Pentium 100Mhz with Win95. If it runs ok I´m happy

If it´s multi-platform I also test on a Pentium233Mhz with Damn Small Linux

> Well, all depends in the application i guess. If i want really small i use
> assambler (mosly for PIC programming), i want really fast i do it in C, if i
> want fast implementation i do it in Python, if i want fast GUI implementation
> i use Lazarus. For anything else i use Pascal.

I want both: small and also a good looking, easy to use GUI created
with a RAD =)

I don´t remember the last time a created a program that does not involve a GUI.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho