[fpc-pascal] Lazarus and FPC integration

Agustin Barto abarto at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 23:36:09 CET 2005

On 10/30/05, Florian Klaempfl <F.Klaempfl at gmx.de> wrote:
> > If Variants could store objects and interface instances, maybe.
>
> They can? Simply use custom variants.

Don't know what custom variants are. I'd appreciate a link to the documentation.

> > I solved the problem using a single-rooted wrapper hierarchy (java
> > style). It's not elegant nor efficient,
>
> Which isn't java either ...

I don't know how other developers work, but for us at work,
development speed is far more important (several orders of magnitude)
than execution speed. If using Haskell or Lisp lets us meet or beat
the ever-closing deadlines, we "advice" the client to get really fast
computer with lots and lots of memory :)

I won't get into a "which is better" debate. I have enough of those
trying to convince Debian users to switch Fedora :)

We use the tool that better suits our needs. The only thing that we
won't use, no matter how good or profitable they can be, are Microsoft
products.