[fpc-pascal] Systems 2005: A first summary

L505 fpc505 at z505.com
Sat Oct 29 22:44:40 CEST 2005

> In an FAQ section:
>
> Question:
>  What is FPC exactly, and what is lazarus?
>
> Answer:
>  If you come from a delphi background, consider FPC like DCC. FPC is not an IDE, just like
> DCC is not an IDE.
>
> Question:
>  What is DCC, I don't know what that stands for?
>
> Answer:
>  That is the compiler that powers the Delphi IDE.

And then to offer some more help with more confusions

 Question:
  But I thought DCC was just a command line compiler available?

 Answer:
  Yes, but it is the compiler that you are using in the Delphi ide, just that it is compiled
into the delphi ide

 Question:
  So is FPC compiled into Lazarus?

 Answer:
  It is integrated so that it feels this way, but it is just called as a separate process.
The FP-IDE has a compiled in compiler, and the lazarus ide might have one in the future or
might not