[fpc-pascal] IDE problems and crosscompiling

John Coppens john at jcoppens.com
Thu Oct 27 20:52:36 CEST 2005

Hi guys...

I wish it were as simple as the docs say.

On Linux, I type 'fp' and nothing happens - not even the first text
appears on the screen, no CPU activity... Ctrl-C exits.

I even tried to recompile the entire source code, ran the fp there, same
(lack of) luck.

I don't care much for the IDE, but I wanted to cross compile a program
for DOS on my Linux machine, and found 'System unit missing'. I had
installed the complete package automatically, but that contains only the
i386-linux libraries, I suppose.

I cannot find any indication how to make 'make' compile a win32 or dos
version of the system unit. I've checked the Wiki, docs... Am hitting my
head against the monitor now.

Please.
John