[fpc-pascal] Cross-platform lightweight/fpc SQLite bindings?

Alan Mead cubrewer at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 25 17:42:57 CEST 2005

I just want some fairly light-weight sqlite3 bindings that work on
Linux and Windows.  The code on the SQLite website works great on
Windows but fails to compile on Linux.  (I don't know Windows API
calls... it looks like he's searching for a function name in the
DLL.)

I've tried a few other solutions and they have either not worked
cross-platform or they are meant for Delphi and I couldn't compile
them using just FPC.

[I could use Lazarus... Is it easy to learn to use TDataSet?  My
ideal would be something like Perl's DBI... prepare(), execute(),
fetch_row(), etc.  I know SQL and don't need a lot of abstractions
getting in the way.]

Before I try to debug one of these non-working-solutions, does anyone
know of an existing FPC (not Delphi/Lazarus) solution that works on
both Windows and Linux?

-Alan