[fpc-pascal] Anyone have Windows CGI working?

Alan Mead cubrewer at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 24 16:41:36 CEST 2005

I have never had trouble on Linux but on Windows I have never gotten
the FCL example program testcgi.pp to work, not even from the command
line.  It dies when trying to initialize the CGI application (see
below).  Has anyone been successful in writing CGI applications for
Windows?  What's the "trick?"

amead at adm /cygdrive/c/FPC/2.0.0/examples/fcl
$ fpc -gl testcgi.pp
Free Pascal Compiler version 2.0.0 [2005/05/08] for i386
Copyright (c) 1993-2005 by Florian Klaempfl
Target OS: Win32 for i386
Compiling testcgi.pp
Linking testcgi.exe
61 Lines compiled, 0.5 sec

amead at adm /cygdrive/c/FPC/2.0.0/examples/fcl
$ ./testcgi
An unhandled exception occurred at $00401BB6 :
EAccessViolation : Access violation
  $00401BB6
  $004176C8
  $004175B9
  $00417246
  $0040857F
  $00407F0D
  $004015F3  main,  line 56 of testcgi.pp

(In case your curious whether this works in Apache's CGI environment:
No.  The error says "malformed header from script" because it's
returning the error message above.  Also, I get the same errors
whether I execute in Cygwin or the Command Prompt.)