[fpc-pascal] Nice portable error/notification messages

L505 fpc505 at z505.com
Sat Oct 15 05:09:38 CEST 2005

What is the way to write nice error out, on any style of program?

I remember some function that gave errors properly no matter what style of program: GUI,
console, etc.

So on a console, the error message would be a writeln, but on a GUI program the error would
be a showmessage style error. All this handled automatically by the wrapper. Just can't put
my finger on where I saw this function and in which units.

i.e. It's time I stop using writeln calls for errors, because that just isn't the portable
way to do it.

In fact not just for abrupt and abnoxious errors, but simple polite notifications too.

--
L505
http://z505.com