[fpc-pascal] FPCUnit article/tutorial online.

L505 fpc505 at z505.com
Sun Oct 9 23:09:38 CEST 2005

Since I don't exactly know what test frameworks are, even after reading about them for the
past few years, I'm going to ask some risky questions. This is not a flame thrower attempt
at the test framework advocates, I'm just trying to understand what exactly they do, from a
"newbie to test frameworks" perspective.

Do test frameworks
 -cause you to spend lots of time writing test frameworks instead of program code?
 -even apply to languages with compilers and strong typing?
 -cause you to write your programs to conform to the test framework, instead of the program
framework?
 -have any actual statistics of success?
 -have popularity statistics that prove they are popular (in the Delphi community) as stated
in the article?
 -have any real world examples of how they helped personX fix problemY in significantly less
time?

Hoping the answers are no, yes, no yes, yes, yes.

--
L505
http://z505.com