[fpc-pascal] Runetime errors

Carsten Bager carsten at beas.dk
Wed Oct 5 17:11:14 CEST 2005

When a runtime error happens, I would like to display all
possible information
The compiler we are using today can give a message like
this
Runtime error 27
Index out of range
The value -4 is not in the range o 0 .. 3000.
Near line 103
Procedure Test

Would it be possible to do something like this if I write a new
exit procedure?

If this is not possible how about the Turbo Pascal way using the
map file to track the Procedure Name and the source code line
number. I do not think this is possible with FPC because of the
separate assembler and linker, but maybe there is a way around
this.
I am running the FPC code on an embedded ARM platform
without any operating system.
--
Carsten Bager
Bøvlingbjerg El-automatik