[fpc-pascal] What is the portable approach?

L505 fpc505 at z505.com
Sun Oct 2 02:04:19 CEST 2005

>Is one of them the right/accepted/guru way to do it?  Or am I missing
>an alternative?  Should I be thinking of extending the TStringList
>class?

I would think inventing a TStrIntPairList (name can be changed to something else maybe)
would be a good idea if it has not already been invented.

If you think there are advantages to not using classes (procedural better for specific
reasons), then maybe an associative array is in fact needed to be invented for Pascal. I
think the TStrIntPair would be easier to accomplish sooner, since you could just use a
dynamic array of integers and strings wrapped in a class.