[fpc-pascal] for..in loops?

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sun Nov 20 14:19:41 CET 2005

> > That's because they are quite limited if you have dynamic, non garbage collected
> > objects.
>
> Why? Use them with interfaces if you need garbage collection and it
> works perfectly.

Because that is not the same. A fully GC language can optimize a lot of
overhead away. GC duck-taped on a native language is not pretty useful. See
the only big experiment that uses interfaces this way: decal and its
abmyssal performance.

One can discuss if it comes back to native level as the .NET and Java
advocatist claim ( I don't), but no matter what you think about that
subject, native-with-gc is worse.