[fpc-pascal] Lazarus and FPC integration

Vincent Snijders vsnijders at quicknet.nl
Tue Nov 1 08:05:23 CET 2005

Elio Cuevas Gómez wrote:
> El Lun 31 Oct 2005 00:18, Vincent Snijders escribió:
>
>>Elio Cuevas Gómez wrote:
>>
>>>These are all good things, but if the IDE editor can't handle basic stuff
>>>like international characters it's not very useful.
>>
>>For you. It is useful for most of the English speaking people and those
>>are quiet a lot too, although not as much as the whole world population.
>>And even though I don't live in a English speaking country, I never had
>>problems with it, because all source and comments of my programs are
>>English. Therefore for me it is not a very important issue. It is nice
>>to have for others.
>

> Ok i accept that i exagerated when i said Lazarus wasn't useful. But the bug
> is still very annoying and is a serius obstacle to Lazarus adoption
> worldwide. Ignoring the problem doesn't make it go away,

Whining about it, doesn't fix it. Such problems go away, if a person is
so annoyed with it, that he starts to investigate how to fix it. Me
personally isn't annoyed by it so much, that I want to fix it. I find
other things more annoying (or nice to have), so I rather focus on that.
To misquote Eric Raymond a bit: "1. Every new feature starts by
scratching a developer's personal itch."

> we should be looking
> for the permanent increase of the quality of Lazarus, which would bring more
> users to both projects We do want more users, right?

We don't necessarily want more users, but we need more developers, doc
writers, bug fixers etc.

Vincent.