[fpc-pascal] TObjectList in Contnrs in FCL (doc, usage)?

Peter Vreman peter at freepascal.org
Tue May 31 15:19:43 CEST 2005

> I would like to use TObjectList from Contnrs (because it occurs in
> some Delphi application that I wish to compile with FreePascal).
>
> There are two problems:
>
>   (1)  The compiler does not find the unit Contnrs.  It turns out
>        that this unit resides in
>
> 	/usr/lib/fpc/2.0.1/units/i386-linux/fcl/contnrs.*
>
>        which the compiler does not find by itself (it does find Classes in
>        .../rtl/classes.*).
>        Of course, I can change my fpc.cfg, but shouldn't this just work?
>        Or should I do something else to use FCL units?

It is part of the default fpc.cfg. The * includes all subdirs. The
compiler does not know all paths by default. That is a design decission.
Because it is unknown which other packages the fcl depends on since that
is different per target.

-Fu/usr/lib/fpc/$fpcversion/units/$fpctarget
-Fu/usr/lib/fpc/$fpcversion/units/$fpctarget/*
-Fu/usr/lib/fpc/$fpcversion/units/$fpctarget/rtl